Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As one of the city’s largest private employers, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Postdoctoral Scholar Research AssociateApply Keck School of Medicine Los Angeles, California
Postdoctoral Scholar – Research Associate
Keck School of Medicine
Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine
There is an exciting new opportunity at the University of Southern California for highly motivated candidates committed to developing a career in genomics, epigenomics, or bioinformatics. The Postdoctoral Scholar – Research Associate will analyze in-house generated sequencing datasets and integrate multi-dimensional large-scale omics datasets available (dry lab). The trainee is expected to lead multiple research projects under the direction of the Principal Investigator and s/he will be a part of the collaborative research team at USC. Due to the collaborative, multi-lab nature of this project, it is essential that the applicant have excellent organizational and communication skills. The postdoctoral trainees will be encouraged to submit their own fellowship and grant applications during their period of training.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Installing and maintaining existing open-source software
- Building computational infrastructure and systems to support the software
- Writing novel scripts to analyze next-generation sequencing datasets
- Developing web-based applications and tools to facilitate data analysis
- Preparing presentations and publishing scientific manuscripts under the direction of the Principal Investigator
- Responsible for teaching other lab members
- Possess a PhD or be close to the completion of a PhD or DPhil in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or Data Science in a relevant field (e.g. Biology with strong quantitative training in bioinformatics)
- Background and work knowledge in scientific computing, algorithms, and machine learning or statistics is required
- Familiarity with R or Python, and the Unix (Linux) environment is required
- Skills in other programming languages (e.g. perl or java) is a plus
- Experience in analyzing and annotating large omics data sets, both in exploratory and pipelined fashions is a plus
- Send a CV to Dr. Rhie (firstname.lastname@example.org), from the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine and the Genomic and Epigenomic Regulation Program in the USC/Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Complete the Workday application
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities.
Minimum education: Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate within previous three years Minimum experience: 0-1 year Minimum field of expertise: Directly related education in research specialization with advanced knowledge of equipment, procedures and analysis methods. The annual base salary range for this position is $54,080.00 - $77,687.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
REQ20098741 Posted Date: 12/26/2022 Apply