Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Program ManagerApply USC Cancer Center Los Angeles, California
USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center - CISO is seeking Program (Disease Team) Manager. Candidate must be experienced and proficient in the operations of cancer clinical trials as a Study Coordinator with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. Previous leadership experience in this area preferred.
The Disease Team Manager will act as the disease team lead, overseeing the daily activities of the personnel including planning, problem solving, staffing, and operation of the team. Secondary goals in this structure include ensuring all patients served by their team receive excellent and compliant care under the research protocol and Principal Investigator’s guidelines. The Manager will also focus on additional goals of developing the individuals in the group, promoting good communication, early identification of problems, and developing solutions which encourage the team to support each other and the mission of the USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Disease Team Managers (DTMs) will be expected to fulfill the following additional responsibilities:
• Bi-weekly report of patient data for accrual, acuity (upon implementation), screening and screen fails, follow-up patients, and other data pertinent to team function.
• Assessment of team functioning and assistance when needed with newly consenting and established patients. Workload will be assessed by the Assistant Director and Manager for appropriate resources.
• Weekly team meetings where current and new patients, audit findings, data locks, and other team challenges are discussed and solutions formulated.
• Protocol reviews for CIC, SIVs, and other protocol support/education will be triaged and assigned by the Manager with the support of the Assistant Director of Operations.
• DTMs will attend a monthly Leadership Meeting, interacting with Dr. El-Khoueiry and the Senior Leadership Team.
• DTMs will participate in and assist in organizing educational activities targeted to their specific disease team or all of the disease teams.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate research experience, RN
Preferred Experience: 3-5 years
Supervises: Team Members
Supervises – Disease Team Study and Research Coordinators who provide clinical care, Data Managers, and Trainees
Preferred Field of Expertise: Research, Good Clinical Practice (GCP), Federal Regulations pertaining to research, and applicable guidance’s and regulations. Clear and extensive understanding clinical trial conduct from regulatory review to study closure.
Applicant Attachments (Required): Résumé & Cover Letter
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 3 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related professional and supervisory experience in area of program specialization
REQ20078469 Posted Date: 08/30/2019 Apply