Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Research Lab Technician IIApply Department of Ophthalmology Los Angeles, California
The USC Roski Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology/USC Ginsburg Institute for Biomedical Therapeutics is seeking a Research Lab Technician II to join its team.
A Research Lab Technician II is needed in the Department of Ophthalmology/USC Ginsburg Institute for Biomedical Therapeutics to support research projects that are ongoing. The technician will assist researchers with various research experiments. Ability to use and maintain computer systems is required. Experience with eye and brain procedures is desired. The technician will maintain IACUC protocols, keep animal records in order, maintain material usage logs, and order supplies. The technician will assist with animal surgeries. The individual must have excellent facility with computers.
The individual must be highly organized, facile with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and willing to learn new software programs.
Provides general laboratory assistance to support research activities. Conducts research experiments in accordance with laboratory and safety protocols. Performs assignments which are non-routine and vary in complexity with minimal direction. Compiles data and computes results for a variety of research procedures, tests and techniques.
Job Accountabilities include:
- Conducts research experiments in accordance with laboratory and safety protocols. Collects field and/or laboratory measurements and data. Computes results for a variety of research procedures, tests and techniques.
- Maintains accurate records of procedures used to conduct experiments. Uses laboratory/computer equipment to conduct analyses of experiment data. Provides routine interpretations of analyses.
- Maintains and calibrates laboratory equipment. Performs or arranges for basic repairs. May alter equipment to meet experiment requirements. Makes recommendations for equipment acquisitions.
- Maintains and organizes laboratory supplies. Monitors inventory levels and orders or secures supplies as needed.
- Maintains research facility in orderly, operable condition. Maintains security and safety of equipment, samples, specimens and data.
- Conducts library research to assist in the planning and design of experiments
Work Location: MMR (Mudd Memorial Laboratory)
Percentage of Time: 100%; 37.5 hours
Posting Salary Range: Negotiable
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree - Specialized/technical training; Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education.
Preferred Experience: Working knowledge of laboratory equipment and research protocols. Knowledge of computer analysis techniques and ability to provide routine analysis and interpretation of research data.
Supervises – Nature of Work
Preferred Field of Expertise: research expertise in Ophthalmology, specializing in Retina
Applicant Attachments (Required): Application/Resume
Applicant Attachments (Optional): Cover Letter
Minimum Education: Associate's degree, Specialized/technical training, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Working knowledge of laboratory equipment and research protocols. Knowledge of computer analysis techniques and ability to provide routine analysis and interpretation of research data.
REQ20065036 Posted Date: 09/13/2018 - Thru date - 2018-11-30 Apply