Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Senior Human Resources Business PartnerApply Finance Human Resources Los Angeles, California
The University of Southern California (USC) department of Finance Human Resources is seeking a strategic-minded, dynamic and solutions-oriented SeniorHuman Resources Business Partner to join its team.
Finance Human Resources provides strategic organizational direction in the areas of human resource planning and administration in support of the USC Finance division. The USC Finance division includes a wide range of financial operations for USC, including Budget and Planning, Treasury Services, the University Comptroller, Financial and Business Services, Keck Medicine of USC finances, Capital Construction and Facilities Management Services, and Information Technology Services.
While reporting to the Manager of Human Resources, this position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management within the University Finance space. Using language to build consensus, the Sr. HR Business Partner seeks to develop integrated solutions by formulating partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees. As such, the Sr. HR Business Partner will serve as an internal consultant to management on human resources-related issues including: HR policy interpretation, affirmative action, workforce planning, recruitment, job analysis, compensation review, learning, development and training, labor and employee relations, disability, workers' compensation, employee records, succession planning, and information systems. The Sr. HR Business Partner will further develop distinct, but complementary internal programs and services, while coordinating these with university’s Central function.
Specific/Additional Accountabilities Include:
- Hires, trains and supervises staff who are involved in the design and delivery of specialized services such as training, recruitment and employment. Manages the operations of these employee programs and services.
- Works with management to project current and future staffing needs. Develops short and long-range strategic plans for effective recruitment, development and staff utilization. Establishes and maintains planning, control and reporting activities.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Manages and resolves employee relations issues. Assists in the internal resolution of employee grievances. Provides information and assistance to the university employee relations office to facilitate grievance resolution.
- Assists managers and supervisors with staff salary administration. Advises on new hire salaries, salary adjustments, and reclassifications and promotions.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develops and implements security related procedures such as office opening and closing routines, recognition of duress signals and key controls. Coordinates security activities with university Public Safety Department. Promotes and maintains standards for security conscious awareness and behavior. Maintains knowledge of university's crime prevention and suppression programs and services. Ensures dissemination of security related information to staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s degree; Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
- One or more of the following certifications: PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP
- 7 or more years of directly related strategic HR Business Partnership experience providing thorough knowledge of laws and regulations, organizational development/workforce planning, recruitment, hiring, performance management, compensation administration, benefits, training and development, disciplinary actions, employee relations, affirmative action, disability, workers compensation, and information systems.
- Strong communication, customer service, and organization skills.
- Human resources management experience in University setting &/or Information Technology environment is a plus.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 5 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related human resources generalist experience. Strong knowledge of principles and practices of human resources administration. Knowledge of human resources organizational development/workforce planning, recruitment, hiring, performance management, compensation administration, benefits, training and development, disciplinary actions, employee relations, affirmative action, disability, workers compensation, and information systems. Knowledge of relevant federal, state and local laws and regulations. Demonstrated effective oral and written communications and excellent interpersonal skills.
REQ20078551 Posted Date: 08/14/2019 Apply