Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Senior Wellness Specialist - Campus Wellness and Crisis InterventionApply Campus Wellness and Education Los Angeles, California
The University of Southern California has created a brand new office, Campus Wellness and Education, whose mission is to insure that USC is forefront of effective mental health and wellness education, harm-reduction initiatives, and prevention and intervention strategies for all members of the USC community (faculty, staff, and students). USC seeks professionals in the mental health fieldto join a dynamic energized team who are strongly committed to providing consultations, presentations, and education services including technological advances in the field of positive psychology, wellbeing, and flourishing to all USC community members. We are seeking candidates who have solid generalist skills, but have a passion and desire to utilize their outreach expertise, and thrive in a collaborative, collegial, and professional environment. Working at USC Campus Wellness and Education is a great opportunity for someone who has energy and creativity to develop programs and interventions in the areas of positive emotions, engagement, meaning and purpose, optimism, resilience, and positive relationships.
The Senior Wellness Specialist will assist in the planning and implementation of systems to deliver wellness and prevention services that support the mission of the University of Southern California. They will collaborate with other campus experts in the field of mental health, wellness, prevention, public health, and health promotion in cross-discipline work to insure quality, coordination of education and training, and overall community wellbeing and safety. The focus of such work is to create a campus community where its members are safe, engaged, included, functioning fully, and thriving with optimal wellbeing.
USC Campus Wellness and Education is part of a brand new department, Campus Wellness and Crisis Intervention, that reports directly to the Provost.
1. Doctorate in a mental health related field
2. Extensive knowledge of positive psychology, wellness and flourishing literature and initiatives
3. Strong desire to create, implement, and evaluate the highest quality wellness and education programs and interventions
4. Commitment to the highest ethical standards of professional practice and to professional integrity
5. Demonstrated knowledge, experience, and skills in consultation and outreach activities with faculty, staff, and students related to wellbeing
6. Desire to continue to grow as a professional and committed to excellence
- Master's Degree
- Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum education
- 7 years
Minimum Field of Expertise:
- Experience in the area of wellness, wellbeing, positive psychology, the fields of thriving and flourishing, harm reduction, and prevention and intervention strategies.
- Consultation, outreach, and presenting skills are essential.
Experience working with a diverse population.
- Demonstrated proficiency with University policies, protocols and databases.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, written and oral communication skills, and listening skills.
- Proven interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop excellent stakeholder relationships and work effectively with students, faculty, staff, administrators and family members.
- Must have demonstrated organizational skills and be able to undertake multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be professional and a self-starter.
- Must have high standards of professionalism and confidentiality.
REQ20048062 Posted Date: 10/30/2017 Apply