Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Software EngineerApply ICT Los Angeles, California
The University of Southern California’s Institute for Creative Technologies (ICT) is an off campus research facility, located on a creative business campus in the “Silicon Beach” neighborhood of Playa Vista. We are world leaders in virtual human research, computer graphics, computer training simulations, and immersive experiences for decision-making, cultural awareness, leadership and health. ICT Employees are encouraged to develop themselves both professionally and personally, through workshops, invited guest talks, movie nights, social events, various sports teams, a private gym and a personal trainer. The atmosphere at ICT is relaxed, informal and flexible, while encouraging initiative, personal responsibility and a high work ethic.
The Institute for Creative Technologies (ICT) is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Vision and Graphics team. The team develops new techniques for creating and displaying photorealistic computer graphics of people, objects and environments. The Vision and Graphics Lab specializes in developing image-based methods for acquiring shape, reﬂectance and motion from digital photography and video. The results are computer-generated virtual models that look and behave as realistically as possible.
The Software Engineer will develop and support software for several ongoing projects at the Vision and Graphics Lab. Knowledge in computer vision, computer graphics, and USB3 interfaces for camera control preferred.
Master’s in Computer Science
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- C++, OpenGL, GPU programming, Strong math skills,
- Strong skills in simulation, computer graphics and image processing
- Proficient programming skills in C/C++, OpenGL, GLSL and Matlab.
- Experience with denoising techniques, feature detection and selection in spatial and spectral domains
- Experience in parameterization, and Fourier domain analysis of 3D models
- Experience with learning-algorithms for modelling higher dimensional data with machine learning and deep learning tools
- Experience of revision control using Git.
- Experience of Maya C++ API.
- Experience with computer vision techniques: multi-camera stereo, optical flow, facial feature, detection, bilinear morphable models, texture synthesis, markov random fields
- Facial Performance Capture, Human Body Digitization, Multi-View Stereo, Deep Learning
- Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Windows
Why work at ICT:
- A quality work-life balance
- Meet interesting people from all walks of life – technologists, social scientists, military, writers, producers, philanthropists
- Opportunities for free, top-tier university education for you and your children
- Located in the heart of Silicon Beach
- Great benefits - medical to matched retirement http://benefits.usc.edu/
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined work experience and education as equivalent Minimum Experience: 0 - 6 months Minimum Field of Expertise: General knowledge of programming and documentation procedures and programming methods and operator instructions. Knowledge of one or more appropriate computer languages.
REQ20115149 Posted Date: 04/05/2022 Apply