At USC Auxiliary Services, our mission is to create the best USC experience for our students, faculty, staff, visitors and community members, as we provide services across our six business units (Hospitality, Housing, Transportation, Bookstores, Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum). Auxiliary Services works diligently to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values. Our team is comprised of some of the very best people in our industries, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who come together to provide the best products and best service for all Trojans.
Training SpecialistApply USC AUXILIARY SERVICES – HUMAN RESOURCES Los Angeles, California
USC Auxiliary Services, one of the largest divisions at The University of Southern California, is focused on making a difference for over 65,000 students, athletes, faculty, staff, and guests who visit our campuses each day. Through our innovative services, our six central business units (USC Bookstores, USC Hospitality, USC Housing, USC Transportation, the Radisson Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and Sports Arena) collectively create the best USC experience for future leaders, scientists, filmmakers, engineers, and doctors alike. Auxiliary Services works tirelessly to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family and we are driven to succeed by our commitment to USC’s core values.
At the core of Auxiliary Services, the Human Resources and Payroll team focuses on employee and labor relations, learning and development, recruiting, hiring, compensation, and payroll services for the vast and diverse division. Whatever the position or whomever the employee, we are here to help make the workplace both as challenging and as rewarding as possible. It is our mission to ensure that our team members receive the best USC experience throughout their careers at the University by creating a spirited culture of excellence and community.
We are seeking a Learning & Organizational Development Specialist to join our rapidly growing team.
Our team supports a diverse range of employees throughout Auxiliary Services. As our Learning & Organizational Development Specialist, you will help us determine training needs and develop training modules for our units. Your ability to communicate and connect with employees at all levels will be crucial to your success. Your passion and enthusiasm for training will help excite and energize our employees to continue developing!
- Participate in the development of plans, procedures, and programs to meet specific training needs and issues.
- Schedule, modify, and conduct training exercises, classes, or structured activities based on stated learning objectives. Facilitate group discussion of class experience and learning.
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate effectiveness of training based on program goals.
- Conduct training needs assessment, using formal surveys and input from faculty or staff, to tailor training to instructor objectives or to set future training topics. Research and identify new topics to be covered in training sessions.
- Communicate training needs to management. Recommend, develop and implement modifications as necessary to ensure achievement of training goals and objectives.
- Select and develop training methods such as individual coaching, group instruction, demonstrations, meetings and workshops.
- Provide individualized assistance and group training to participants as needed.
- Develop and maintain training manuals, materials, and related documentation.
- Determine design and format. Participate in the development and implementation of internal training procedures.
- Operate or oversee operation of audio-visual, videotaping equipment, or other media during training exercise or class.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience: 3 years.
- Instructional design experience.
- Experience in developing and conducting training classes.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service and interpersonal skills.
What We Prefer:
- 4 years of experience in professional development and/or employee training.
- Demonstrated experience in Hospitality training.
- Ability to oversee student, temporary, and/or resource workers.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
REQ20070673 Posted Date: 02/04/2019 Apply