Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As one of the city’s largest private employers, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Workforce Scheduling CoordinatorApply Administrative Operations Los Angeles, California
Join the Trojan Family: USC Department of Public Safety (DPS)
Title: Workforce Scheduling Coordinator
About the Department
- Team: DPS, one of the largest campus public safety departments in the United States, is a diverse team of over 300 dedicated full-time employees.
- What we do: We share in the university’s ONE USC Safety Vision of ensuring an environment where everyone feels safe, respected, and protected from being a crime victim and where the diverse experiences and needs of all USC students, faculty, staff, and neighbors throughout USC’s spheres of influence are addressed.
- Learn more: Visit our DPS Website to explore our mission in depth.
Role Overview: Provides specialized professional support services to administrators and/or project managers in the administration of research and/or administrative projects. Assists in the administration and coordination of a variety of research and/or administrative projects including planning, budgeting, organizing, research and delivery of services. Coordinates and supervises work assignments of other administrative personnel as assigned. During your time in this role at USC you will:
- Work with management to strategically prioritize work, determine resource assignments, and staffing levels needed to meet operational commitments.
- Optimize temp/contract/contingent and fulltime staffing resources to minimize costs and maximize schedule adherence, customer satisfaction, safety and compliance. Proactively plan, create, and communicate work schedules to achieve optimal, punctual execution of work assignments.
- Partner with leadership to forecast and recommend future staffing resource solutions for resolving work capacity/resource issues and to increase productivity and operational efficiency.
- Plan, execute and maintain ownership of scheduling/process change efforts.
- Partner with Payroll, Human Resources and management to review labor, workforce, and exception/compliance reports to ensure regulatory wage and hour compliance. Prepare a holistic workforce analysis by collecting staff performance, customer feedback, other relevant data to evaluate operational performance and identify gaps/risks.
- Prepare monthly metrics and workforce analysis reports, including recommendations for mitigating risk and improving performance, efficiencies, safety and customer satisfaction, Present monthly executive summary reports to leadership to inform their policies and decision-making.
- Assists in the administration and coordination of a variety of research and/or
administrative projects and provides quality control. Assists in developing and
implementing project goals and strategies. Assists with short- and long-term planning and design of project direction and objectives. Provides assistance to management with administrative functions such as planning, organizing, coordinating, scheduling, and implementing project activities to meet objectives. Participates in writing of reports or other documentation of project status and/or administrative activities or project results. Oversees administrative project personnel as assigned.
- Assists in the planning of data collection. Recommends methods and procedures for data acquisition, management and quality control. Recommends statistical techniques for data analysis as needed. Generates graphs, charts, or tables to present analysis results and provides interpretation. Prepares reports, correspondence, other materials and analysis according to project schedules or on an ad hoc basis or instructs others to do so.
- Conducts quality assurance reviews of assigned projects. Instructs project personnel on quality assurance procedures and answers questions regarding data collection, management, and analysis methods. Monitors problem areas and submits regular reports with recommendations. Takes necessary steps to address issues and resolve problems.
- Evaluates effectiveness of project direction, schedules, activities, etc. Recommends and implements project activities and/or modifications of project activities and/or schedules as necessary to ensure achievement of project goals and objectives.
- Creates status reports on project plans, progress, and results of activities. Coordinates publication production and/or dissemination in order to meet deadlines.
- Researches, gathers, organizes and summarizes data for project and/or administrative reports and/or activities. Analyzes data, presents results and makes recommendations on presentations of project and/or administrative reports.
- Assists in developing and updating department policies and procedures and/or project procedures and coordinating implementation. Communicates and/or documents. Develops forms, flow charts and system requirements.
- Interfaces with faculty and/or staff and external contacts necessary to complete project assignments or for information exchange. Resolves problems or questions referred by project staff or administrators.
- Develops and maintains electronic databases and/or other records for reporting purposes. Enters and/or verifies database transactions as necessary. Provides technical support and design enhancements.
- Arranges and attends meetings, seminars, symposia, and other events related to project efforts. Makes presentations, as needed. Establishes and maintains an active network of professional contacts. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
We welcome candidates who demonstrate:
- Master’s Degree, combined experience/education as substitute for preferred education.
- At least 3 years directly related to project or administrative experience.
How to Apply
- Application: Showcase your readiness to join the Trojan family by submitting a detailed application.
- Current USC Employees: Please apply through the dedicated channel in Workday.
- USC’s Commitment to You: We offer an excellent package of benefits and programs including, but not limited to:
- Tuition assistance for you and your family
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance options
- 403b retirement account with matching 5% contribution by USC
- 50% subsidy off Metro, LADOT, and Metrolink passes
- Explore more on the USC Employee Gateway
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education.
- Experience: At least 2 years directly related to project or administrative experience
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members. Please review the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Plan page for more details regarding your rights and obligations as a job candidate.
The hourly rate for this position is between $30-$32. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree Additional Education Requirements Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 2 years Minimum Skills: Directly related project or administrative experience. Preferred Education: Master's degree Preferred Experience: 3 years
REQ20141281 Posted Date: 02/11/2024 Apply