Let’s change the world together!
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work. Think you’ve got what it takes to join us? We invite you to search our open positions and apply!
Site Engagement & Outreach SpecialistApply Keck School of Medicine San Diego, California
The USC Keck School of Medicine – Alzheimer’s Therapeutic Research Institute (ATRI), located in San Diego, California is an academic institute comprised of an expert group of scientific collaborators committed to advancing the development of new treatments for Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) and AD related dementias (ADRD) through innovative clinical trials.
The Clinical Trial Engagement and Outreach Specialist will work with ATRI Recruitment and Retention Section to support clinical trial sites in their participant recruitment/retention efforts for multi-site clinical trials. The incumbent will be responsible for a wide range of work assignments and must be well organized, able to manage several projects at the same time in a lead role, and function well in a fast-paced and team environment.
- Contributes to the development of central outreach strategies and initiatives and assists in tracking of local level efforts.
- With guidance establishes timelines for strategy implementation, monitors progress towards attainment of goals and ensures all recruitment-related activities are conducted efficiently and successfully
- Assists in the development of a communication and management plan for recruitment and retention vendors.
- Share information and cross-study metrics to key stakeholders, including study teams across industry and academic partners, as needed
- With guidance develops and implements section standard operating procedures and process improvement
- Assists in the development of strong relationships with key sites to effectively advance site operational engagement and better understand current site processes to enhance our clinical trial execution
- Assists in scientific manuscript writing and editingAttends and/or presents at internal and external project team meetings
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in medical-related field or life science
- 3+ years of experience or graduate degree (master’s or doctoral)
- Experience with clinical trials or clinical research preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and capacity to work effectively with people from diverse professional, cultural and personal backgrounds.
- High attention to detail, community-driven, self-starter, critical thinker, and can effectively problem solve.
- Take initiative, work independently and efficiently, as well as work successfully within a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Google Sheets/Docs
- Read, write, and speak fluent English: excellent verbal and written communications skills
Location: San Diego, CA
Salary is dependent on education and experience.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 3 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related professional experience in area of program specialization.
REQ20124233 Posted Date: 09/21/2022 - Thru date - 2022-10-27 Apply